Mother's Day Cookie Recipe
Mother’s Day is right around the corner and baking cookies has been my favorite activity recently. Not only has it been a welcome distraction during our current stay-at home orders, but it has been a delicious treat for my family to enjoy.
This cookie recipe is my mom’s all-time favorite! Celebrate your mom, grandma or loved one with my favorite oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe. Let’s show our mother figures how amazing they are and spoil them even more on their special day!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields 20 - 25 cookies
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1.5 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a mixer, cream butter and sugars together.
- Scrape sides of bowl with spatula to ensure well combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each one.
- Add vanilla.
- Add flour mixture slowly in 3 equal parts, remembering to scrape the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Add oats 1 cup at a time.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips with spatula.
Using 3 greased baking sheets, drop large even spoonfuls about 2 inches apart to ensure cookies do not run into each other (I use an ice cream scooper).
Bake for 12 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges, and enjoy!